2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup onion, minced
2 knobs ginger, julienned
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 piece chicken cube (bouillon)
1 ½ lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 ½ cups uncooked rice
34 ounces water (about 1 liter)
4 pieces hard boiled eggs, peeled
3 tbsp safflower (kasubha)
1 tsp garlic, minced and fried
1 cup scallions (green onions), minced
1 tbsp Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
- In a pot, heat the cooking oil then sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Dash-in some ground black pepper.
- Add the chicken cube and cook until the cube melts.
- Add the chicken and cook until outer layer color turns golden brown.
- Add the fish sauce and uncooked rice then mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally and simmer until the rice is fully cooked (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Add the hard boiled eggs.
- Add the safflower for additional color and aroma.
- Serve hot, topped with fried garlic, minced scallions, and Pure Calamansi.
Share and Enjoy!
Up Next: Grilled Prawns in Skewers