Calamansi Risotto with Prawns
Makes 2 servings
2 cups chicken broth + 1 cup water
3 Tablespoons Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
2 Tablespoons butter + 1 tbsp to finish dish
1 small yellow onion
1 cup Arborio (Risotto) rice
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
6 threads of saffron (optional)
4 large prawns (pan-fried, sautéed or steamed)
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and water to a simmer (add saffron at this point, if desired). Place on lid and turn down heat to low to keep the liquid hot.
- In another medium saucepan, melt butter and add onions and sauté until translucent over medium low heat.
- Add rice (unwashed) and stir to coat with the butter.
- Add ½ cup of simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 3 minutes. Keep adding broth ½ cup at a time whenever liquid is absorbed by rice and stir constantly (leisurely).
- After about 20 minutes, when rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 Tablespoon butter and Pure Calamansi. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Prawns can be chopped and added to the rice or place on top of risotto when serving.
Up Next: Chili Garlic Prawns With Calamansi