A simple spin on a favorite Filipino dessert. In the Philippines, Mango Float is made with layers of whole graham crackers, fresh cream and fresh sliced mango. Here, we’ve created a lighter, gluten-free version by replacing the graham crackers with our golden crisp Salted Caramel CocoRolls. Adding our Sun Tropics® Mango Nectar mango layer is a mango curd made with our Sun Tropics® Mango Nectar. We serve it in individual mini cups to make for the cutest dessert to finish a meal.
Makes 6 Servings
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch, sifted
4 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
6 Tablespoons confectionery sugar
- In a saucepan, turn on the stove into medium heat, combine the Mango Nectar, sugar, Pure Calamansi, cornstarch, and egg yolks. Mix until well combined.
- Cook for 10 -12 minutes while stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and add the butter. Mix until the butter is melted into the mango curd.
- Place a fine mesh strainer on top of a clean bowl. Pour the curd through the strainer. This will give you a nice smooth curd. Cover the top of the curd with plastic wrap and cool at room temperature. Once at room temperature, chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- To make the whipped cream layer, put the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat for 1-2 minutes until fluffy, but not stiff.
- To serve, divide the Salted Caramel CocoRolls into six cups. Crush the CocoRolls lightly. Equally add the whipped cream on top of the crushed CocoRolls. Equally place the chilled mango curd on top of the whipped cream. Garnish with the remaining Salted Caramel CocoRolls.
Up Next: Glazed Grilled Shrimp