Any protein and vegetable combined with this make-ahead sauce make weeknight stir-fry dinners simple, quick and delicious!
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Sun Tropics® Passion Orange Guava 100% Juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3-4 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat under medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
For heat, add 1-2 tbsp of hot chili sesame oil or hot chili sauce.
Stir-Fries are great because there is no wrong vegetable or meat. Now that you have your sauce, pick a protein, a nut, and a veggie combo.
Sesame seeds (to garnish)
Primary Proteins (choose one):
Chicken, sliced into strips
Beef, sliced into strips
Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Tofu, cut into cubes
Nuts (choose one):
Vegetables, etc. (choose any one or combination):
Carrots, peeled and sliced
Broccoli, cut into bite size
Bell Peppers, cleaned & cut into bite size
Snow Peas, end trimmed
- Prepare nuts: For 1/2-1 cup of nuts, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil on medium-high to high. Add nuts, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add 2 tbsp of the pre-made stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Set aside nuts to add later.
- Prepare protein: Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the heated pan, and add 1 pound of protein of choice. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. If using shrimp, reduce cooking time to 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp turns white. Add about 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Set cooked meat aside.
- Prepare other add-ins: Add another 2 tbsp of sesame oil to the heat, then add your hardest, crispiest veggies first. Order of vegetables to be added is as follows:
- Hardest veggies: Start with carrots (if using). Drizzle a tablespoon of water over the carrots to help them soften. Cook about two minutes, or until just starting to soften.
- Getting softer: Add the broccoli (if using). Repeat the water trick with another tablespoon of water. Cook another 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- And softer: Add bell peppers, onion, and/or snow peas. Cook another 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- And softest: Add zucchini and/or bean sprouts. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add cooked meat and caramelized nuts into the pan. If adding pineapple, now’s the time to add it!
- Add 1/2 cup of the Stir Fry Sauce and stir to coat the entire mixture. Cook for 1 additional minute, or until caramelized and begins to thicken.
- Serve with rice and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Up Next: Berry Tropical Smoothie