Guava and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Chewy and crunchy bars that remind us of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
3 cups Sun Tropics® Guava Nectar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp corn syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
¾ cup peanut butter
¾ cup heavy cream
1. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, oats, flour and baking soda. Using your fingers, crumble
the butter into the dry ingredients until it is well distributed. Press half of the mixture into a
prepared 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine Guava Nectar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, corn syrup, lemon
juice and lemon zest. Mix. Let boil over medium high heat until thick in consistency. Cool slightly
then pour over the prepared pan.
3. In another saucepan, combine peanut butter and cream. Cook over low heat while continuously
stirring until the mixture is well blended. Drop in spoonfuls on the Guava mixture.
4. Cover the peanut butter layer with the remaining oat mixture. Press slightly to create an even top
5. Bake at 350° F for 35 – 40 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of
the pan. Cool completely and cut into bars.