Tropical Coconut Calamansi Snowballs
Who knew it snowed so deliciously in the tropics? This recipe is so easy & fun, & makes a great gift for the tropics fan!
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon coconut milk
1 Tablespoon agave or maple syrup
3 TablespoonSun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Melting chocolate, dark or milk (or both)
1. In a food processor, combine 1 cup shredded coconut with coconut oil. Scrape sides of bowl so evenly incorporated.
2. Add coconut milk, agave or maple syrup, Pure Calamansi, vanilla extract, and sea salt, and combine until blended.
3. Continue to slowly add remaining coconut until a nice batter is formed).
4. Form the batter into small 1″ balls (if leftover coconut, roll the balls in the leftover coconut).
5. Refrigerate 4 hours, preferably overnight.
6. Melt the melting chocolate according to package instructions (or if using chocolate chips, microwave 30 seconds, stir, then in fifteen second increments, stirring before adding more time until reaching desired consistency), then coat each ball with the melting chocolate.
Up Next: Hot Wassail: Tropical Style!