Make 6-8 servings
1 pound beef sirloin, sliced ¼-inch thick
½ cup Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
⅓ cup dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 yellow large onions, sliced into rings
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Cut beef into ¼-inch strips. Using a meat tenderizer, pound beef for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a non-reactive bowl (non-metal), mix Pure Calamansi, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Add meat to marinade and coat evenly. Leave for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Stir fry the onion rings until they begin to brown and become translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the beef, browning each side evenly. Once beef has browned, add marinade to pan and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove beef from skillet and place on a plate over white rice. Arrange onion rings on top. Pour reserved cooking liquid over rice and meat. Serve immediately.
Up Next: Tropical Banana Waffle Skewers