Oven Fried Chicken
Preparation Time: 40-45 minutes
Makes 6-8 Servings
3 lbs assorted drumsticks and thigh pieces
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup olive oil
3 Tbsp Sun Tropics Calamansi Lime Nectar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven preheating, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls.
- Pour oil into a large baking dish. Dredge chicken piece by piece in flour, then the eggs and follow with bread crumbs. Repeat process until all pieces are breaded. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken bakes, mix Calamansi Lime Nectar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven and place pieces on paper towels to drain excess oil. Immediately brush glaze over chicken.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium high. Once hot, add garlic and cook until brown and crispy.
- Fold in cooked rice and salt until well combined. Remove from heat and place on a serving plate.
- Arrange chicken pieces over garlic rice. Serve with steamed vegetables (optional).
Up Next: Tropical Shredded Chicken Sandwiches