Sinigang with Pork
Makes 2 servings
4 cups water
2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
1 pound pork baby back ribs, cut into manageable pieces (See notes)
1 yellow onion, quartered
3 stalks green onion, cut in 3” length
3 tomatoes, quartered
6 small taro root, peeled
4 Tablespoons fish sauce
4 Tablespoons Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
6 pieces long beans, cut into 3” length
1 eggplant, cut diagonally, 1.5” length
6 pieces okra, tops cut off
- In a large pot, boil pork ribs in water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and boil for about 20 minutes.
- Skim off foam while in rapid boil.
- Bring heat to medium. Add onion, green onion, tomatoes, taro, fish sauce, salt, and Pure Calamansi.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add long beans, eggplant, and okra and return to boil.
- Add more Pure Calamansi to adjust sourness. Season with fish sauce and black pepper if needed.
- Serve with rice.
Pork baby back ribs can be substituted with bangus (milkfish) or prawns.
Up Next: Chicken Adobo