Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Preparation Time: 5 hours and 15 minutes
Make 8 servings
5 lbs pork butt
1 cup Sun Tropics® Passion Orange Guava 100% Juice
½ cup dark soy sauce
2 tbsps honey
2 tbsps Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup water
4 cans canned pineapple slices, drained
16 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 350° F and set rack to the middle of the oven.
- In a three-inch roasting pan, lay down the pork fat side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Passion Orange Guava 100% Juice, soy sauce, honey, Pure Calamansi, tomato paste, coconut oil, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Coat pork evenly with marinade and pour remainder of marinade at the bottom of the pan as a braising liquid with ½ cup of water.
- Braise in the oven for 5 hours or until pork is tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- With two forks, shred the pork. Pour reserved braising liquid over the shredded pork. Serve on slider buns with pineapple slices.