Bubble Tea Brown Sugar Creme Brulee Pudding Bowls
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 35 minutes
Makes 5 Ramekins Per Recipe
Milk Tea Creme Brulee
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 black tea bags
1/4 tsp salt
3 large egg yolks
1 whole large egg
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup Sun Tropics® Brown Sugar Tapioca Pudding
Brown Sugar Tapioca Pearls:
1/2 cup tapioca pearls
1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 °F and place ramekins on top of a large baking tray. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat whipping cream until just before it comes to a simmer. Add in the tea bags, cover, and steep for 5 minutes. Use the back of the spoon to press the tea bags against the side of the pot to squeeze out all the tea-infused liquid inside before discarding. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, and the Tapioca Pudding Brown Sugar. Slowly pour the hot tea-infused cream into the tapioca pudding mixture whisking constantly.
- Divide this mixture into your ramekings. Use a paper towel to dab away any large air bubbles on the surface. Place the entire tray (with the ramekins on top) into the oven and then pour enough hot water into the tray until it submerges about the half the height of the ramekins. Bake for about 28-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the creme brulees reaches 170 °F. The edges should be set but the middle should still be quite jiggly.
- Let the ramekins cool to room temperature before chilling in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Brown Sugar Tapioca Pearls: In a small pot, bring about 3″ water to a boil. Pour in the tapioca pearls and give it a stir immediately. Boil uncovered for 15 minutes. Then, remove from heat, cover, and let it sit for another 15 minutes. Strain the pearls, discard the water, and stir in the brown sugar while it’s still warm until it dissolves into a syrup.
- Sprinkle the surface of each creme brulee with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar by moving across the surface without staying in the sampe spot for too long. Once the sugar hardens, add a heaping spoonful of the tapioca pearls on top of each creme brulee right before serving. Enjoy!