Death by Chocolate Tapioca Pudding Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 16 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup Sun Tropics® Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk or non-dairy milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping
5 ounces of dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on high speed until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Do not skip the step. Add the Chocolate Tapioca Pudding, vanilla, milk, and eggs, and beat on high for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer on low to start. Turn the mixer up to high speed and mix until well combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and repeat until the dough is just combined. The cookie batter will be slightly sticky.
- Pour the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks into the dough and mix on low speed until they are incorporated.
- Use a very large cookie scoop, or 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the dough out and drop it on the prepared baking sheets. Roll the dough into balls, or tall cone shapres for extra thick cookies.
- Arrange the cookie dough 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, or until they’re just set on the edges and top. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Allow the baked cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Up Next: Mango Coconut Tapioca Pudding