Peach Crumble with Mango Sauce
An easy dessert of caramelized peach slices topped with spiced
crunchy topping and laced with a sweet, tangy sauce.
1 cup Sun Tropics Mango Nectar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp. honey or sugar
dash of vanilla flavoring
12 slices peach
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup cold butter cubes
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Combine the Mango Nectar, cornstarch, cinnamon, honey/sugar and vanilla flavoring in a saucepan. Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Place over medium heat and let boil then simmer until the sauce is thickened in consistency.
- In a sauté pan, add sugar over a medium heat until browned and caramelized.
- Place the peaches in the caramelized sugar and toss to coat well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine butter, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse to mix the butter and other ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place flour mixture in a baking sheet and bake until browned and crisp.
- While still hot, mix the crumble and break into bits. Set aside.
- Place caramelized peaches in a serving plate.
- Lace with mango sauce and top with the crumble.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on the side. Serve.
Cook’s Note: This is a fantastic dessert idea that is easy to make and great for potluck parties. Bring each dessert component in containers and assemble at the party.
Up Next: Mango Smoothie