Summer Fruit Tart
1 full 4oz bag Sun Tropics® Original CocoRolls
½ cup blanched almond flour
3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
6 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
For Lemon Cream Filling
2/3 cup plain Macadamia nuts or cashews, soaked in boiling water 20 minutes and well drained
1/4 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup unsweetened, full fat oat milk or almond milk
2 teaspoons Meyer Lemon juice
Zest from half Meyer lemon (about 1 teaspoon zest)
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean pod OR 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For Creamy Coconut Whip
1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut cream (recommended) or full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight.
¼ teaspoon tapioca flour
2 teaspoons coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional)
For Fruit Garnish
Let your creativity shine!
1 pint ripe strawberries, sliced
1-6 ounces clamshell ripe raspberries
¼ cup blueberries
2 medium kiwi, peeled and sliced. Halve each slice to make half-moons.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare crust. In a blender or in a food processor, add full bag of Original CocoRolls and blend on medium speed until the CocoRolls resemble fine crumbs and no large pieces remain. Add almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt to blender and pulse again, 10-12 times, until all dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Drizzle coconut oil into crumb mixture and pulse 10-12 times until mixture is fully incorporated and small clumps begin to form naturally. Scrape down sides of blender between pulses as necessary. Finished texture will resemble wet sand.
- Pour mixture into 8 or 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Alternatively, a springform pan or pie tin can be used. Spread crumbs evenly across bottom of pan and ½ inch up the sides of the tin, pressing very firmly to form a sturdy crust. Place pan in freezer and chill unbaked crust for at least 20 minutes. Place chilled crust in pan on parchment-lined baking sheet and place in top third of preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or just until the entire crust is evenly golden brown and fragrant, being careful not to overbake. Remove crust from oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
- Prepare Creamy Coconut Whip. Scoop the hardened coconut cream from the can and transfer to a mixing bowl, leaving excess coconut water in the can. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes, until soft peaks form. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add maple syrup or coconut sugar, if using, and continue beating until mixed. Chill prepared Coconut Whip until ready to assemble tart.
- Prepare Lemon Cream Filling. Place all filling ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend at high speed for 4-5 minutes until very smooth and creamy. Chill prepared filling until ready to assemble tart.
- Assemble Tart. Once the tart crust has fully cooled, scoop filling into crust and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Spread creamy coconut whip evenly over cream. Top artfully with assortment of fruit garnishes (don’t worry about being too precise—even a rustic jumble of berries will be absolutely delicious!)
Serve tart immediately, or cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for up to 12 hours. Allow to warm 15-20 minutes before slicing. Tart is best served the day it is made, as crust will begin to soften and any fruit may begin to wilt.
Up Next: Maple Banana Granola