Tropical Banana Waffle Skewers
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 Servings
3 bananas, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup warm milk
½ cup Sun Tropics® Mango Nectar
¼ cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegetable oil or Cooking spray
6 wooden skewers
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Insert skewer through the bottom of each banana half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Mango Nectar, butter, and vanilla extract. Pour into flour mixture and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Once waffle iron is pre-heated, brush on vegetable oil or use cooking spray (if using non-stick waffle maker, skip oil/spray). Ladle waffle mix into iron and place two banana skewers on top of mixture, one on each side. Ladle more waffle mix on top of bananas and close waffle iron. Let cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove banana skewers and split in half with a knife. Repeat with remaining banana skewers.
Up Next: Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders