Prawn Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
A refreshing salad of contrasting texture and flavor that is every bit
pleasing to the palate!
1 Tablespoon honey
¼ cup Sun Tropics® Mango Nectar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ Tablespoons apple cider
2 Tablespoons Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi
½ teaspoon salt
dash of white pepper
1 sprig of cilantro or celery leaves (optional)
- Combine honey, Mango Nectar, olive oil, apple cider, and Pure Calamansi in a blender or food processor and run until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper and run mixture for a few more seconds. Makes 1/3 cup.
12 pieces shelled prawns
1 teaspoon grated ginger
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 cups salad greens
1 can mandarin oranges
¼ cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, roasted
- Marinate prawns in ginger and olive oil for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry over high heat in a sauté pan. Do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens, mandarin oranges, nuts and Mango Dressing. Serve in individual bowls and top with cooked prawns.
- Prawns may be substituted with ¼ cup thinly sliced smoked salmon or 6 pcs kani/crabstick, halved.
- To roast nuts, place in a skillet without oil. Place over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until nuts are slightly browned and fragrant.
Up Next: Peach Crumble with Mango Sauce