Prawn Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
A refreshing salad of contrasting texture and flavor that is every bit
pleasing to the palate!
1 Tbsp. honey
¼ cup Sun Tropics Mango Nectar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ Tbsp. apple cider
2 Tbsp. Sun Tropics Pure Calamansi
½ tsp salt
dash of white pepper
1 sprig of cilantro or celery leaves (optional)
- Combine honey, Mango Nectar, olive oil, apple cider, and Pure Calamansi in a blender or food processor and run until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper and run mixture for a few more seconds.
Makes 1/3 cup.
12 pcs shelled prawns
1 tsp grated ginger
¼ cup olive oil
salt and pepper
4 cups salad greens
1 can mandarin oranges
¼ cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, roasted
- Marinate prawns in ginger and olive oil for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry over high heat in a sauté pan. Do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens, mandarin oranges, nuts and Mango Dressing. Serve in individual bowls and top with cooked prawns.
- Prawns may be substituted with ¼ cup thinly sliced smoked salmon or 6 pcs kani/crabstick, halved.
- To roast nuts, place in a skillet without oil. Place over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until nuts are slightly browned and fragrant.
Up Next: Sun Tropics Finger Jello