Blood Orange Vanilla Breakfast Bowl with Raspberry Swirl
The classic combo of tangy oranges and rich vanilla is a staple of American childhood, especially in the lazy days of summer—who can forget their first refreshing creamsicle? But why wait for beach weather to treat yourself to this nostalgic treat? We brightened up our winter breakfast routine with warm bowls of Coconut Milk Rice Pudding, crowned with a stunning citrusy swirl of ruby-red blood oranges and ripe raspberry puree.
Makes one bowl (double all ingredients if making breakfast for two)
1 snack cup Sun Tropics® Original Coconut Milk Rice Pudding
¼ c favorite dairy free milk, unsweetened OR lowfat organic milk
1½ tsp cinnamon
½ vanilla bean pod, split lengthwise and seeds scraped from pod
OR ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
OR ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 medium blood orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
1 tbsp natural raspberry preserves (look for a brand sweetened only with fruit)
1 tsp pure maple syrup OR wild honey
- In a small saucepan, add milk and vanilla bean seeds with pod and bring to low simmer for 5 minutes. Remove bean pod. If using vanilla paste or vanilla extract, bring milk to low simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add vanilla, then simmer for one minute more.
- Add full cup Original Coconut Milk Rice Pudding to saucepan and whisk into milk until well-blended and creamy.
- Pour warm rice pudding mixture into bowl and swirl in raspberry preserves.
- Top pudding with blood orange slices and raspberries, and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
- Savor the gorgeous colors of your beautiful breakfast and enjoy the day!