Strawberry Mango BBQ Shrimp Salad
It’s amazing what you can do with a little Organic Mango Nectar! It’s always a family favorite straight from a glass, mixed with bubbly seltzer water, or as a key ingredient in meals–especially as a shrimp marinade and dressing to some fresh spring greens!
We break the recipe into four main parts: the Shrimp Marinade, Strawberry Mango Vinaigrette, Spring Salad, and Shrimp Skewers. We also add instructions in how to create those cute rose garnishes at the end! Feel free to play around with the recipe. Perhaps you want to do the shrimp marinade, but no salad–try it over rice. Be sure to let us know how your cooking endeavors go by posting a comment and/or photo on our Facebook and Instagram Pages. We love to see your creations!
*Before you get started, soak your wooden skewers in water so they are ready for the grill (we like to soak ours for at least an hour).
1/2 cup Sun Tropics® Organic Mango Nectar
1 tbsp Sun Tropics® Pure Calamansi (or juice squeezed from 1/2 lime)
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced (or 2 cloves garlic, crushed)
Dash of salt (to taste)
1 tsp Stevia or cane sugar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (if you don’t like spicy, leave this out; if you love it, double it!)
- Whisk together well all above ingredients.
- STOP: BEFORE ADDING SHRIMP, WE ARE GOING TO SEPARATE OUT SOME OF THIS MIXTURE FOR THE DRESSING.
-Measure out and keep separate 1/4 cup of the marinade mixture. We will use this as the base for the salad dressing.
3. Pour remaining marinade mixture over shrimp in either an airtight zip plastic bag or in a bowl. Chill for 1 hour, stirring after 1/2 hour.
Strawberry Mango Vinaigrette
1/4 cup marinade base (you set this aside from the main shrimp marinade mixture BEFORE adding the shrimp)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp Sun Tropics® Organic Mango Nectar
3-4 medium strawberries
- Pour into a blender te 1/4 cup marinade base that you set aside.
- Add the red wine vinegar, Organic Mango Nectar, and strawberries.
- Puree until smooth.
*This recipe is for four, but the marinade and vinaigrette yields enough for additional servings. Feel free to adjust the amount of salad ingredients for larger servings, or to serve more guests.
5-8 cups mixed organic greens
1 avocado diced
5 medium strawberries, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/3 cup pistachios
3 oz feta cheese
- Combine all above ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Either toss with desired amount of vinaigreete, or serve dry with vinaigrette on the side.
20 extra-large raw shrimp; peeled, deveined, and marinated in above marinade (feel free to double this if you love shrimp or have a larger appetite–there is enough marinade for a lot of shrimp. Just be sure to stir every half hour to coat evenly.)
5-10 wooden skewers (soak these in water for an hour or so before grilling)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer shrimp onto skewers.
- Cook one and a half to two minutes per side. The shrimp will be white when it is done, but don’t overcook it — you want tender and moist, not dry and chewy!
Enjoy! And don’t forget to let us know how you liked it on our Facebook and Instagram Pages!
Up Next: Shamrock Punch Float